'Fat' Andy Connors' widow says 'system is f**ked' as judge threatens to jail her

The widow of slain gangster 'Fat' Andy Connors claimed 'the system is f*cked' after a Judge told her she'd be going to jail if she didn't remove illegal mobile homes from her land. Ann Connors raged to us that the system was against her after she was brought via Garda custody to a sitting of Dublin's Circuit Civil Court on Monday morning. Claiming she hasn't spoken "since my husband died," Ms Connors told us outside court that "this country is f*cked," and "the system is f*cked," after a Judge gave her a week to get things prepared to remove the illegal properties from her land Connors, whose infamous gangster husband was shot and killed in 2014 and buried in a gold casket, had to be brought to court in custody on Monday morning - after she failed to comply with a court order to turn up - and to remove illegal homes from her land in Saggart. Ms Connors, and another woman - Bridget Wall, were brought before a sitting of Court 22 - however Ms Wall went on to claim that they got the wrong woman in her case. Standing up in court, Ms Wall claimed she was "arrested from my bed" and claimed gardai had lifted the wrong Bridget Wall. Both women said they did not have solicitors to represent them on Monday - and Ms Wall claimed that gardai were looking for another woman of the same name - a sister in law of Ms Connors. "I got arrested and accused. It's wrong, it's not me, it's a different Ms Wall, not me. There's a couple of Bridget Wall's," she claimed. "I've got nothing got to do with it whatsoever." Giving evidence of arrest - Garda Peter Eagan of Tallaght Garda Station, said he arrested both women on the foot of a warrant at 8:45am after they had failed to appear at a previous court sitting on March 14. A barrister for South Dublin County Council said the position is that there is "an unauthorised development in situ on the land." The court heard that Ms Connors had been previously ordered by the High Court and Circuit Court to remove the properties after it was determined she did not have the planning permission for them. Fat Andy Connors with wife Ann. South Dublin County Council has taken a case against both women over what they say are illegal developments around the property belonging to Ms Connors at 'The Ranch' in Saggart, Co Dublin. A barrister for the Council stated that both women had been brought to court in garda custody - and said neither of them had engaged with them in some time - despite writing to them. Speaking in court, Ms Connors claimed they had no solicitor as "we didn't know we were going to be brought in here, we didn't get a chance." Ms Connors said she "wasn't aware" of the court sitting and apologised for not turning up - further claiming she would show up in future. Presiding Judge John O'Connor told Ms Connors that there was a court order for her to remove permanent structures on her land - to which she said she was not aware. Ms Connors was told by the court that she had been served on the matter - but she claimed "I didn't get served anything, your honour." South Dublin County Council's barrister said that it does not want to send anyone to prison and told the court that it wants to "encourage engagement from Ms Connors," seeking an adjournment to allow her time to do so. Both women were then sworn in to give undertakings before the court - with Ms Wall insisting to the Judge after swearing on the Bible that they had the wrong Bridget Wall in court. Informed by the Judge if she understood that she would be found in contempt of court if what she was saying turned out not to be the case, Ms Wall said: "I do understand that." Ms Connors then took the stand - and was asked by the State barrister if she remembers a planning injunction a number of years ago and a ruling that she did not have planning permission. "I paid the architect and my solicitors and they said everything was alright so I heard no more," Ms Connors responded. The Judge then informed Ms Connors that she was in breach of the court order, that she does not have planning permission and she is not in compliance with the law - asking her if she understood the consequences of that. Ms Connors said she did but claimed she had planning permission for her house and for her sheds. Told about two chalet dwellings which are separate from her house, Ms Connors stated they were there for the past 12 years. The Judge then further informed her that she can be defensive if she wishes but "the consequences are going to prison" or she complies with the court. Ms Connors was told she had illegal mobile homes and that the matter had been appealed to the High Court which affirmed the original order and this court - and that she has not complied with either. Ms Connors then went on to claim she did have planning permission - only for the Judge to tell her that she did not. "No you don't have planning permission and that's the end of the matter. Both the Circuit Court and the High Court have determined that," he said. The Judge told Ms Connors that she would have to comply with the order - to which she responded: "Yeah, it's just that I won't be able to put my kids out on the road either. Have yous got houses to give my kids?" The Judge told Ms Connors that she was in clear breach of court orders and said he did not want any more "smart remarks" from her. He told Ms Connors that if she did not comply she would be sent to prison. "How long will I do in prison?" Ms Connors responded, to which the Judge said "Until its removed." "You had your chance, you're already way in breach - that means that its not a question of how long...you must do this immediately," he said. Ms Connors said she was after swearing on the Bible and therefore would not lie - but said she would have to talk to her family first before removing the illegal homes. The Judge gave Connors a week to progress plans to remove the sites, deemed her to be served, and told her to return to a sitting of the court next Friday. Ms Connors further objected and stated that she has people living in the illegal properties and "can't just put them out overnight." "It's not a question of overnight. You are in breach of court orders," the Judge responded, telling Connors she had until next Friday, April 11, to sort her affairs. It was previously reported in 2021 that Ms Connors was offering her "chalets" for rent at a cost of €1,500 per week. Connors had been at war with locals in Saggart, for months - and expanded her property - laying down 2,000 square metres of concrete, tapped into waste plumbing and water systems and built a massive surrounding wall. Her massive site, known as 'The Ranch' was where her criminal husband was blasted to death in 2014.

Comments (0)